Since XL Nexus’s inception, we have aligned ourselves to various Social Responsibility programs. The Company was very small and the core objectives of the Company’s participation has been to promote Team building whilst educating and exposing our staff to Social development initiatives.
Since 2003 we have participated in the following un-formalised events.:
- clothing collection drives ( orphanages, children homes, aids village)
- distribution of various food parcels ( Alexandra, Tembisa)
- book drive to distribute old books and magazines to encourage people to read more
- financial donations to a children’s home to sponsor a child to a trip to the coast ( annual)
In 2009 we decided to formalise our contributions to social responsibility and saw an opportunity to establish our own long term social responsibility initiative in the following ways:
- We purchased a property to home 50 orphans in Turffontein, south of Johannesburg
- Annual Staff day – whereby property maintenance/fieldwork will be done as part of the company team building experience, developing an awareness of their social surroundings
- Annual Fundraiser for the Foundation
- Staff and Child day with the children ( Reading, playing, drama)
- Empowering the staff of the Home through various skills training initiatives.