Terms and Conditions
T’s & C’s
- Please ensure that traveller names and surnames are according to your ID / Passport as failure to do so could cause inconvenience and / or you could be denied boarding by the airlines.
- Please ensure that your passport is valid for more than 6 months after your intended return.
- TEMPORARY Passports are not accepted in many countries whether you are in transit or visiting.
- Professional fees apply to all transactions and are not refundable in the case of cancellation. Service Level Agreement rate will apply for all our corporate/government customers
Prices quoted either verbally, or written are based on air fares, hotel prices, other land costs and rates of exchange at that date. XL Nexus Travel reserves the right to adjust pricing in accordance with any changes to these components which occur after such date. Where exchange rates apply, the rate on date of payment by the customer shall apply. Payment to tour operators shall be as per the tour operators’ rate of exchange. No pricing can be guaranteed until final payment has been received by XL Nexus Travel.
- Once a booking is confirmed a written confirmation will be sent to the customer. Leisure customers are required to complete and sign a booking form and to return to XL Nexus Travel. Where indicated and necessary, a non-refundable deposit must be paid to XL Nexus Travel within the stipulated time indicated on the confirmation. This deposit is not limited to airlines, hotels, car rentals, tours and transfer.
- Fares and Airport Taxes are subject to change without prior notice due to currency fluctuations or airfare increases, until such time as final payment has been made and final documentation has been issued.
- Please note that a booking is considered to be provisional until such time as an agreed deposit or full payment is done. If the due date for payment of the deposit has passed without the deposit being paid or full payment is done, XL Nexus Travel reserves the right to cancel the provisional reservation to avoid XL Nexus Travel from incurring cancellation charges.
- All flights are bound by airline policy and procedures and XL Nexus Travel is bound to the airline ticketing time limits. Customers should be aware that some airline reservations carry ticketing time limits of same day or 24hrs after reservation or immediately at booking. This information will always reflect on the customer’s written confirmation.
- Estimations are valid on date of estimate only.
- Prices are subject to seat availability at time of reservation. 4. Amendments Any amendments to confirmed reservations will be processed at a fee of R150.00 for each alteration after confirmation. This will be in addition to any airline charges should the amendment result in an air ticket having to be re-issued. Service Level Agreement rate will apply for all our corporate customers
Documents are only issued once full and final payment has been received by XL Nexus Travel together with the signed booking form (leisure travel). All passengers will be personally responsible for ensuring that they are in possession of the correct documentation prior to their departure. XL Nexus Travel does not accept responsibility for any consequences whatsoever from a passenger failing to ensure that he or she has complied with the necessary health, passport and visa requirements.
Final payment is due as stipulated on the confirmation. In the event of cancellations, charges will be determined at the time of cancellation. The following indicates the ASATA recommended cancellation charges which may be imposed, provided that none of our principals involved demand a higher percentage charge. Cancellations charges will apply as per Service Level Agreement with Corporate customers. Should you miss your departure or fail to leave as planned, no portion of the pricing is refundable. All supplier cancellation fees apply and are subject to VAT where applicable. Cancellation fees apply once air tickets are issued. The fees are from 25%-100% dependant on the air ticket issued. Please note that the above cancellation excludes any additional conditions as specified by the, but not limited to the airlines, car rental companies, DMCs, hotels and other travel suppliers.
It is strongly recommended that you take out insurance to cover personal accident, medical expenses, baggage with cancellation and curtailment. Insurance must be taken out for your own protection against high cancellation fees.
8. Unused Services
No refund will be considered for any unused services irrespective of whether they form part of the basic inclusive price, or whether they are in respect of pre-booked and pre-paid optional arrangements.
9. Baggage Allowance
Your baggage allowance is always indicated in your ticket. Certain airlines charge for baggage and make changes to their baggage allowance and customers are encouraged to request this information from our consultants should they require clarity.
XL Nexus Travel does not hold itself responsible, nor can it be held responsible for any delays prior to departure, or during the course of any trip, whether brought about by technical difficulties, strikes, weather conditions or any other circumstances whatsoever, whether foreseen or unforeseen. It is understood that any expenses relating to these unscheduled extensions (e.g. hotels, meals, telephone calls, etc.) will be for the passengers account.
The travel company, tour producers, and/or their agents in making arrangements for land services, act as agents only, and on condition that they shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or any other irregularity that may be occasioned by Act of God, any defect in any vehicle or other form of conveyance or by the error or default of any Company or person engaged in conveying the passenger, carrying out the arrangements of the tour or otherwise in connection therewith, in accordance with tour operators throughout the world.
12. Airline Responsibility
The airline concerned is not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time the passengers are not aboard their aircraft. The passenger ticket in use by the airline, when issued, shall constitute the sole contract between the airline and the passenger. E-tickets do not carry the terms and conditions but should a client require these, XL Nexus Travel will supply them on request.
This message and any attachments are confidential and may contain privileged information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify XL Nexus Travel immediately by return e-mail